It’s still the One
Over 210 VCL controls
Optimized • Feature-Rich • Easy-to-Use
VCL for today and tomorrow.
Touch, tile and the next generation.
VCL for superior performance.
No sacrifices. No exceptions.
VCL for rich UI experiences.
Designed for elegance and flexibility.
VCL for you and your team.
Unmatched quality, productivity and support.
The most powerful
VCL Data Grid
VCL Reporting tool
The most flexible
VCL Analytics tools
The richest collection of
VCL Data Editors
VCL Controls v16.2
v16.2 introduces a new Barcode Control that allows you to generate barcode images within your VCL application. The initial version supports the following barcode symbologies:
- Code 11
- Code 128
- Code 39
- Code 39 Extended
- Code 93
- Code 93 Extended
- Interleaved 2 of 5
Unbound, data-aware, standalone, and in-place versions of the Barcode Control are available.
This release ships with a new advanced text editor inspired by behaviors found in modern mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook and Google Gmail.
Unbound, data-aware, standalone, and in-place versions of the Token editor are available.
The Range Control is designed to help end-users select intervals and data ranges. When integrated with the DevExpress VCL Scheduler Control, it behaves like a timeline track bar, and allows quick timeline navigation and selection of date intervals.
The Range Control features:
- Multiple ways to select a range
- Animated scrolling and zooming
- Four built-in clients for range selection
- Support for custom clients.
Four built-in clients provide support for:
- Date range selection in a linked Scheduler control
- Numeric (integer, float, or currency) range selection
- Date-time range selection
- Date-time range selection using clickable intervals.
With this release, you can help end-users filter grid data faster, by selecting a required filter operator directly from Filter Row cells.
This release introduces a new data grouping mode that enables you and your end-users merge grouping columns, allowing for a more compact row list. Pressing and holding the Ctrl key while dropping a column header adjacent to another one located in the Group By box merges the two columns.
The new data-aware export is optimized for subsequent analysis of grid data within Microsoft Excel. The following data shaping options that are applied within the grid control are retained in the output XLS and XLSX documents.
- Data grouping – with the capability to collapse/expand groups within a worksheet;
- Totals and group summaries – with the capability to modify/change formulas;
- Excel-style format rules;
- Fixed columns.
With v16.2, you can limit the card size in Layout Views and enable card content scrolling using scrollbars. This functionality is useful in cards containing multiple elements.
- The content of a layout group can now be scrolled by dragging a layout element over the layout group’s scrollbar.
- End-users can now use the mouse wheel to scroll the content of a layout group that displays a vertical scrollbar while hovering over this group in a focused layout control.
The DevExpress VCL PDF Viewer was first released as a community technology preview in v16.1. This update marks its official release and includes the following new features:
- Ability to rotate pages.
- Ability to select and copy images and text.
- The history of view states.
- The Hand tool for panning document pages.
- Ability to obtain and display document information.
- The context menu with commonly used commands.
Pivot Grid Control
- You can now obtain drill-down data for any cell displayed by the Pivot Grid connected to an OLAP cube using the ADO MD provider.
- We have also added KPI support to this provider.
The Print Preview window is now available as a component, so that you can add it from the Tool Palette into any container control.
Text that is rotated can now be printed or exported to PDF.
With v16.2, the DevExpress VCL Scheduler allows you to display a list of appointments grouped by day within its new Agenda View.
Ability to Generate Master-Detail ReportsThe DevExpress VCL Spreadsheet Report Designer now allows you to create master-detail relationships between bound datasets and enable end-users to generate multi-level reports. Output reports can be stored as one worksheet, multiple worksheets or workbooks.
Capability to Group the Report Content by a Bound Dataset’s Field ValuesIn this version, you can group report data by values of one or more dataset fields and provide header and footer sections for each group.
Ability to Sort the Report Content by a Bound Dataset’s Field ValuesIn addition to grouping, you can now sort report data against one or more dataset fields.
TcxFilterControl SupportYou can now allow end-users to filter report data using our Filter Control component.
Parsing input to cells has been improved and now automatically creates format templates for date-time values in the short date format based on the regional settings.
SUMPRODUCT, SUMX2MY2, SUMX2PY2, and SUMXMY2 functions are now available (for summing products, squares, and their differences).
Rich Edit Control
The ExpressRichEditControl Suite is now supported with RAD Studio XE8 or later in 64-bit apps created with C++Builder.
The data controller now allows users to build filter conditions with the Contains, NotContains, BeginsWith, and EndsWith comparison operators. This capability is available across all our controls that provide a data controller, including the Grid, Vertical Grid, Pivot Grid, and data-aware editors.
With v16.2, the Layout Control is integrated into majority of our dialogs to improve UI element alignment at any DPI setting and achieve better quality when rendering on transparent backgrounds.